The Old Byre, East Lochhead Self Catering Cottage
The Old Byre Self Catering Cottage
From January 2013 we have one cottage available, The Old Byre.
The Old Byre is a large cottage with three bedrooms, a bathroom and a shower room. The Old Byre enjoys long south facing views over the Renfrewshire countryside down to the Barr Loch. Spring time with the lambs in the adjacent field can be rewarding and an entertaining time for children and adults alike.
The upstairs accommodation comprises a double and a twin bedroom, both with large built in wardrobes, a shower room with toilet, bidet and wash hand basin. Downstairs there is a twin bedroom with full bath and shower over, toilet and wash hand basin, which makes it suitable for elderly or less mobile guests. There is also a lounge area with colour TV and French windows opening onto a private garden with drying area, lawn and outdoor paved sitting area. The kitchen is open plan with electric oven and gas hob, fridge, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. An ironing board, iron, hairdryer and trouser press are also provided.
The Old Byre has been rehabilitated over a ten year period to a high standard. It is south facing, well insulated and warm throughout the year with full gas fired central heating.
- Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Wi-fi is available
- Flat screen televisions with Free View
- Full gas fired central heating
- Pets very welcome
On the right is a photo of Isla on the Cycle Track with Tully. We have our own entrance onto Sustrans Route 7 track which is hard surfaced and wonderful for both cycling and walking dogs. The village of Lochwinnoch is only 20 mins walk on the track where you can find:
- Play park for children and Football Pitch
- Castle Semple Visitor Centre and Cafe, Cycle Hire, Boat Hire & Water Sport Instruction, Swans, Lochside and Woodland walks, Events
- 3 "carry outs" - Indian, Chinese, Italian
- Golf Club
- RSPB Lochwinnoch where there is programme of family orientated activities.
- Bank, Chemist, Spar, Coffee Shop, Vet, Farm Shop, Baker, Doctor, Library, Charity shop etc.
- Post Office
- 3 pubs and The Loch restaurant
- Railway station and free parking
In Kilbirnie which is 2 miles to the west there is:-
- Swimming Pool
- Lime Tree Farm home made ice creams
- Golf Club
- Specialist wedding venue hotel